Game Show Boot Camp Code of Conduct
We are committed to making the Game Show Boot Camp (GSBC) an inclusive and welcoming event.
Some public events have a reputation for harassment. We've set these ground rules to make it abundantly clear that this kind of behavior is not acceptable, so that everyone can feel comfortable attending GSBC. Everybody in the GSBC community is required to abide by this code of conduct at the event and on any online channels.
We do not tolerate abuse, harassment, or discriminatory behavior of any form. Specifically:
- Do not engage in homophobic, biphobic, racist, transphobic, ableist, sexist, or otherwise prejudiced behavior.
- Do not harass people. Stalking, unconsented physical contact, threatening behavior, and unwanted sexual attention is harassment.
- Dressing or acting in a certain way is not consent.
- Everyone's personal space is their own. If you are asked to leave someone alone, or to leave their village, you must respect this.
- People may not want to be recorded or photographed by those attending. You must have consent from anyone who is identifiable in a photo or video. GBSC has an implied consent waiver for event management and documentary use and recordings are under embargo until a date yet to be determined..
- Sexualised language and imagery is not appropriate in public, or in sessions which do not deal directly with such topics.
- Aggression and elitism are not welcome — do not belittle people for their knowledge or experience.
Reporting an Incident
If you are being harassed or witness a breach of this code of conduct, you can get in touch with us by:
Finding a member of event staff (they'll be clearly identifiable) and let them know. All our volunteer staff will be briefed on how to handle reports.
Call or text the event phone number (702) 530-5603
Sending us an email at email@example.com with a subject line including the word harassment
During an event, we aim to reach a decision on all conduct issues within 2 hours. Outside of events, we will initially respond within one week.
All reports will be taken seriously and will be considered in confidence by our Conduct & Accessibility team with the involvement of the Directors and Duty Site Manager if necessary.
If we believe you have violated this code of conduct, we will normally issue you with a warning, with which you are expected to comply. If your behavior continues, we may eject you from the event and ban you from any online channels.
Serious breaches, including sexual or physical assault, will result in your immediate ejection from the event and a ban from all future GSBC events. We may involve the police if the victim wishes.
If you have any comments or queries, you can get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This Code of Conduct is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 License and was last revised on 2022-06--04.